users@glassfish.java.net

Re: glassfish-jpa vs. TopLink Essentials

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:52:26 PDT

Apparently Glassfish V3 uses EclipseLink, previous versions used TopLink Essentials. I was trying to deploy an application (the bookstore example in The Java EE Tutorial) which has the tag <provider>oracle.toplink.essentials.PersistenceProvider</provider> in persistence.xml.
I just removed this tag, so now the default persistence provider EclipseLink is used, which, being a successor to TopLink Essentials, also can handle the annotations in the sources.
I could deploy the application now.
[Message sent by forum member 'driesknottnerus' (driesknottnerus)]