users@glassfish.java.net

Re: how to replace TopLink Essentials with EclipseLink in GFv2ur2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:12:32 PDT

Just an FYI, for others joining late, it's not a "drop in replacement" in anyway for Toplink Essentials. It appears to work at the JPA level, but if you used any Toplink Essentials code, it's a complete do over.

For example, we use the Toplink ExpressionBuilder classes, and we could not "drop in" the EclipseLink on top of this, minimally due to completely different package names, but even the apis were different when we tried to fix the packages.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]