users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Hudson to Glassfish deployment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:27:30 PDT

Anthonie,

> We are using Glassfish 2.1. So for us to be sure that
> we have the correct versions of asadmin installed on
> the deploy server we will have to keep the Glassfish
> at the same version on both the runtime and
> deployment servers?
Right. Just to be clear -- asadmin client is a remotable client. Thus, if asadmin is installed and
run on a machine A, it can manage all aspects of GF servers that are running remotely. To
ensure it can do this seamlessly, asadmin and servers should be at the same GF version.

> Do you know (or anybody else) know if there is a
> reliable plugin available or in the works for Maven
> and Glassfish?

Not for V2. In the works for v3.

- Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km' (km)]