users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Grizzly Comet Engine and Glassfish Clustering?

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:16:59 +0100

Salut,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Does Glassfish clustering support the Grizzly Comet engine?

Yes we are, but the extension is not OSS.

<vendor hat>
As part of GlassFish Enterprise
(http://www.sun.com/software/products/appsrvr/) contract support, you
can get the extension that allow you to use Comet in a cluster.
</vendor hat>

You can also implement your own mechanism by configuring a CometContext
to use a NotificationHandler that can 'advertise' the push across the
cluster via JMS or whatever transport you are looking at. Take a look at
[1][2] and let's continue the discussion on users_at_grizzly.dev.java.net
for the technical details.

A+

-- Jeanfrancois

[1]https://grizzly.dev.java.net/nonav/apidocs/com/sun/grizzly/comet/NotificationHandler.html
[2]
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/archive/2007/03/new_adventures_1.html

If I have a set of clustered Glassfish servers and I have a servlet on
each one that joins the same Grizzly Comet Engine channel, when I do a
notify on one, do I receive it on the other?