users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Custom cookiepath for session

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:17:11 PDT

Hi Jan,

Thanks a lot for the help. After looking at this we are planning on doing the following:

Change the method protected void configureSessionCookie(Cookie cookie) in:
http://fisheye5.cenqua.com/browse/glassfish/appserv-webtier/src/java/org/apache/coyote/tomcat5/CoyoteRequest.java?r=1.68&%40annotateMode=none

We will override how it sets the path, then patch the jar we are using.

I looked around and couldn't find a way of specifying the CoyoteRequest or CoyoteConnector classes, the latter of which is built via reflection and a magic string in the sourcecode. A simpler method would be to extract the string into a glassfish property where we could specify our own connector via the interface. Is this feasible for inclusion into glassfish itself?
[Message sent by forum member 'profiler' (profiler)]