users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Protecting Access to Pages Based on User Login?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 13:40:43 PDT

I see. Ok I have tried out the DefaultWebModule instructions that you pointed me to.

I think I am making progress as evidenced from the following error that I now get when I try to access a folder within docroot for which there is a security constraint defined:

HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

I thought that I would automatically be asked for a username/password so that the server could validate me and then give me access to the resource. What additional piece might I be missing?

Thanks!
[Message sent by forum member 'dsargrad' (dsargrad)]