users@glassfish.java.net

Protecting Access to Pages Based on User Login?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 11:55:00 PDT

I have a basic glassfish server running on my machine. I have a number of web pages that I want to expose on our intranet, but am required to only allow certain users to access these web pages. I want to set glassfish up so that if a user surfs to one of the pages within my single domain (domain1) they will be prompted with a login window.

I have read through much of the security management documentation, and have learned a bit. It seems that this kind of BASIC security is part of the server, in fact it seems that I can scale my security up from here.

I have figured out how to add users to the default "file" realm. As part of this I can also enter a password for each user.

However I cant find any documentation that tells me exactly how to map users (or user groups) to specific sets of web pages.

For example, in my case all I want is to have a very simple filter: users have complete access to /* within the docroot of my domain once they have logged in, they have no access to documents contained in docroot if they have not logged in.

Can someone please help me out with instructions to configure this starting point, quite basic security control?
[Message sent by forum member 'dsargrad' (dsargrad)]