users@glassfish.java.net

Unable to bind glassfish v3 listener to specific IP

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 09:28:36 PST

Hello, I am new to Glassfish and trying to get the server working with the basic domain configuration. I am using Glassfish v3 (Prelude) on Linux Red Hat Enterprise server, with multihomed IP addresses on a single ethernet card. In domain.xml, I have changed all http-listener 'address' settings to a specific IP address I want to use (changed from the default '0.0.0.0'). However, at startup, it continues to listen only on the default of 0.0.0.0.

As an example, running netstat I see the line:

    tcp 0 0 :::8080 ::* LISTEN 16928/java

If I run my tomcat server binding to that specific IP address:

    tcp 0 0 ::ffff:209.85.171.100:8080 :::* LISTEN 20796/jsvc.exec

With Glassfish, I need to change the port for my http-listener to 80 on a specific IP used for a separate hostname, but it will not bind to this on startup, as I'm using port 80 on another IP address already. The domain shuts down due to the listener collision. It seems to persist in only listening on all interfaces.

I am not understanding what I am missing in the configuration to be able to listen to port 80 on a specific IP address. Any help is much appreciated.
[Message sent by forum member 'jaibox' (jaibox)]