users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glassfish v2.1 - Error startup update client in windows server 2003

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 04:24:36 PST

I had exactly the same problem with Windows XP Professional. I tried removing the "Update Center Client Tray" menu item from the Startup program menu and that rectified the problem, but only because the item wasn't run at startup!

I decided to leave it like that as I didn't really need the item anyway. You can schedule automatic updates for Glassfish by selecting:

Start -> All Programs -> Sun Microsystems -> Application Server 2.1 -> Start Updatecenter

A command window will appear and a normal window shortly after that. If you click on the Preferences tab at the top then look at the bottom of the pane, you will find the Update Scheduling section.

Hope this will be of some help until (perhaps) the bug is fixed by the developers.
[Message sent by forum member 'knightofmathematics' (knightofmathematics)]