users@glassfish.java.net

Re: No Complex Types in WebService Operations?

From: Kristian Rink <lists_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:15:27 +0100

Hi there;

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org schrieb:
> So let me get this straight. When I create a web service, the only types
> I can pass are primitives? If not, why do I get the following error:
> Unable to create JAXBContext... whenever I try to use one of my own
> Classes as a parameter or return type from the service's operations?

generally you should be able to also pass around more complex data types,
however there are a few caveats involved here especially talking about JAXB
and (de)serializing interfaces in methods declared to return such ones.
Could you provide a sample code snippet and the full output of the "unable
to create" error recieved trying to run this?

Cheers,
Kristian

--
Kristian Rink