users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Helloworld Cometd/Bayeux problem

From: Jeanfrancois Arcand <Jeanfrancois.Arcand_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:41:00 -0500

Salut,

(changing the title as this is cometd/bayeux, not comet)

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> I am trying to make "helloworld" Comet example to
> work. The index.html file of this looks like
> following:

> <head>
> <script type="text/javascript" src="js/dojo/dojo.js"
> djConfig="parseOnLoad: true"></script>
> <script type="text/javascript">
> dojo.require("dojox.cometd");
> dojox.cometd.init("cometd");
> dojox.cometd.subscribe("/hello/world", myObject, "publishHandler");
>
> var myObject = {
> publishHandler: function(msg) {
> alert(msg.data.test);
> }
> }
> </script>
> </head>
> <input type="button"
> onclick="dojox.cometd.publish('/hello/world', { test: 'hello world' } )" value="Click Me!">
>
> It connects to the cometd of GlassFish v3 and /meta/handshakes has been
> successful. Then it just kept performing /meta/connect indefinitely
> for indefinite number of id's, all of them were successful.

It seems the subscribe is failing to be sent to the server. Which
version of Glassfish v3 are you using? Also which DOJO version are you
using?

> I have the NetBeans project you can try as following
>
> http://www.javapassion.com/tmp/comethelloworld.zip

OK I will take a look as soon as I can. Meanwhile, can you file an issue
here:

https://grizzly.dev.java.net/issues/

This way we don't loss track of the issue.

Thanks

-- Jeanfrancois