users@glassfish.java.net

Re: I am a Student who needs help

From: Kristian Rink <lists_at_zimmer428.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:18:59 +0100

Hi there;

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org schrieb:
> How can I make a (double click)executable .JAR file for our GUI program or Java a file?

(1) Please see

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/deployment/jar/appman.html

for an outline on what it takes to make a .jar file "runnable" by your
definition; this will allow for executing this file using the "java -jar"
command from some sort of command line user interface (Unix shell, Windows
cmd, ...). To make it "double-clickable" eventually might involve additional
configuration logic in your user environment (not sure whether this
automatically happens on most of the desktop operating systems available to
date).

(2) You could have a look at this example (using the NetBeans IDE, which is
rather straightforward in doing this kind of work):

http://mdt.netsons.org/2008/10/26/how-to-create-executable-jar-file-with-netbeans-ide/

(3) Regarding "basic" questions like this, you might find places more
helpful than a mailing list / forum related to the Glassfish Java EE
Application Server. ;)

Good luck and all the best,
Kristian

--