users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Queueing jobs for processing in their own thread/transaction?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 10:28:57 PST

> I thought I could use JMS for this but the JMS
> implementation with glassfish
> v2ur2 is too buggy and I can't upgrade to 2.1 due to
> some weird classpath
> issues in 2.1 I couldn't resolve.

What issues are you having with JMS? Seems to me that JMS with a constrained MDB (i.e. container can not make more than, say, 5 instances) would work well at letting you control resource uses. And this doesn't sound like a particularly exotic use of JMS.

So I'm curious what problems you're encountering with it.
[Message sent by forum member 'whartung' (whartung)]