users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Application Server Installation/Configuration Help

From: Eve Pokua <gorgeous65_at_msn.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 20:43:43 +0000

Hi,

I have been having problems with netbeans 6.5 as well. Try using netbeans 6.0
Also try installing the application server into a new directory. Xp tends to leave some
files when the application server is uninstalled so the next time you try installing again
you get issues. I have so many problems like so. Vista is better at uninstalling. It seems
to resolve registry issues and does not leave files behind.

eve

From: odeyalec_at_ser-inc.orgTo: users_at_glassfish.dev.java.netDate: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 23:14:11 -0500Subject: Application Server Installation/Configuration Help

Sun Java Application Server Installation and Configuration Assistance RequestI have the Sun Java Application Server 9.1 update 1 installed on my Windows OS. I have installed and uninstalled it several times but it never worked. In NetBeans IDE 6.5, it always gave this error message:HTTP Status 404 - … The requested resource () is not available…I thought upgrading to Update 2 will fix the error(s), but it did not. I am still seeing Update 1, and I received this error after installation:Installation FailureAn error occurred in upgrading the Application Server.An attempt was made to restore the old installation and configuration. But the restore was not successful. Please refer to the backup copy of the installdir at C:\Sun. Also refer to the install log for the cause of failure.I believe that I received the above error because my Update 1 never worked anyway. When I looked into the install log as suggested, I discovered that the Application Server starts on 8080, 8181, and 4848 every time the tool starts. [Server log attached.]

Please, how do I resolve this problem?Thanks.

Charles
******************************************************************Charles O. Odeyale, Ph.D., REMPresident & Chief Sustainability ArchitectSustainability Engineering & Research, Inc.P. O. Box 1932, Pasadena, Maryland 21123-1932(Phone/Fax) 410-255-8569 www.ser-inc.org :: Purpose ::: Partnership ::: Performance
Twice the fun—Share photos while you chat with Windows Live Messenger. Learn more.
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/windowslive/products/messenger.aspx