users@glassfish.java.net

Slow performance with 'appclient'

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 11:22:49 PST

I am running an Enterprise Application Client local to the app. server using the 'appclient' command and experiencing significant slowness between the client and an EJB on the server. The slowness has been isolated to be occurring after the EJB method being invoked returns, but before execution continues after the call on the client. In other words...

client calls EJB.method( object )
void EJB.method( Object object ) is entered relatively quickly
... processing occurs including accessing JMS queue, another other EJB, and JPA ...
EJB.method( Object object ) returns
*** Relatively large delay of several hundred milliseconds ***
client code continues

I do not know how to determine where/why this "delay" occurs. Will somebody please point me in the right direction?
[Message sent by forum member 'tjhannon' (tjhannon)]