users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to do simple JNDI String bindings?

From: Adam Jenkins <adamjenkinstmpredirect_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:32:47 -0800 (PST)

I thought you could put anything you want in a JNDI tree, you just need an appropriate object factory?

For putting strings in the JNDI tree, I use this component (http://www.manorrock.com/documents/glassfish/independent.html).  I've used it for a year or so and it seems to work quite well.  (There's a bug with injection -- so you have to do an InitialContext lookup rather than a @Resource injection, but other than that it works fine)