users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB timer service can not automatically migration

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 00:08:35 PST

Hi,
I've been following this discussion because I have the exact same problem. A brutal restart of one cluster node causes the ejb-timers to get stucked on that node. In my case failover does work if I only kill the java processes on one node.
The result of the mcastsniffer is a success (9 rows of log output),
test-mcastsniffer:
     [java] Here's some multicast data
     [java]
     [java] Here's some multicast data
     [java]
     [java] Here's some multicast data
     [java]
     [java] Here's some multicast data
     [java]
     [java] Here's some multicast data
     [java]
     [java] Here's some multicast data
     [java]
     [java] Here's some multicast data
     [java]
     [java] Here's some multicast data
     [java]
     [java] Here's some multicast data
     [java]

Does this mean that Multicast is enabled and that the automatic failover of timers should work? No other configurations to be made?
My setup is four vmware linux machines, 2 DAS + 2 Payloads, running SGCS 1.5 (build b60g-fcs). The next step for us will be to create some code ourselves, but it would be nice to have the correct setup - if possible.

Best regards

Fredrik Olsson
[Message sent by forum member 'frolsson' (frolsson)]