users@glassfish.java.net

Cannot load https page

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:50:51 PST

I am new to GlassFish and was trying to configure https access using a sample war file from http://blogs.sun.com/jluehe/entry/how_to_downshift_from_https, this sample was supposed to test the access to http and https page.

I had GlassFish v3 Prelude and JDK1.6 installed on my Windows XP, then carried out the following steps in configuring https:-

1) Log on to GlassFish admin console
2) Enabled http-listener-2 (port 8181), checked the options for Client Authentication, SSL3, TLS, leaving the default Certificate Nickname "s1as" as it is.
3) Deployed the sample.war in Web Applications
4) Startup GlassFish at port 4848, opened browser and accessed the http page at http://localhost:8080/sample/useHttp, the http was displayed alright.

Problem encountered:
1) When trying to access https page at http://localhost:8080/sample/useHttps, the IE browser showed a popup Windows with title "Choose a digital certificate", but there was no certificates to choose from.
2) On GlassFish, the following errors were shown:-

Feb 25, 2009 9:40:53 AM com.sun.enterprise.security.provider.BasePolicyWrapper$2 run
INFO: JACC Policy Provider: Failed Permission Check, context(sample/sample)- permission((javax.security.jacc.WebUserDataPermission /useHttps GET))

Do I need to create a digital certificate and import to browser and GlassFish? Any steps that I missed out in my configuration?

Hope someone can provide some pointers in this, thank you.

Yong
[Message sent by forum member 'wwyong' (wwyong)]