users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Apache load balance with glassfish

From: Kshitiz Saxena <Kshitiz.Saxena_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:39:27 +0530

Hi,

I will quote messages from other thread to provide clear understanding

I wrote :
"clusterjsp sample creates a session and when session is created all
subsequent requests are serviced by same back-end instance. There is
option to invalidate session in clusterjsp sample. Please use that to
see load-distribution."

Pankaj inputs:
"HTTP Load Balancer provides sticky load balancing. Thus from a client
session, first initial request followed by subsequent requests would get
serviced from the same instance which serviced the first request. Also
note clusterjsp application renders information on server and port which
serviced the request.

You should open a newer client session, say using another web brower :
IE and Firefox when dispatching requests from same m/c or close and
start the browser again (in case you do not have more than one browser
application). You can even test the distribution by dispatching the
request from another m/c. "

Thanks,
Kshitiz