users@glassfish.java.net

rar deployment takes too long on Glassfish v2

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 05:15:17 PST

Hello!

I am having a problem with a resource adapter I've developed. When trying to deploy it on Glassfish V2 using the console interface(asadmin) it takes a long time - between 5 and 10 minutes.

I have looked through the server.log output, and it seems that the time between the start of the deployment process and the (successful) deployment completion is 15 seconds. I attach the relevant part of the server.log output to this message.

This has made me think that maybe the console interface takes too long to respond. So I've created a simple, bogus resource adapter which does nothing. I attach it also to this message. Deploying and undeploy this bogus adapter was almost instantaneous.

And now I'm stuck... :(

I don't attach the resource archive that causes this behavior here as it is too big. I can instead list its contents:
bash-3.2$ jar tf proactive_ra_GlassfishV2.rar
META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
META-INF/ra.xml
proactive-jca.jar
ProActive.jar
ProActive_examples.jar
bouncycastle.jar
fractal.jar
javassist.jar
log4j.jar
xercesImpl.jar
xml-apis.jar
META-INF/INDEX.LIST
[Message sent by forum member 'fbratu' (fbratu)]