users@glassfish.java.net

Re: WSIT certificate configuration

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 02:57:52 PST

Hi,

I've solved this problem. So for every one who is interested:

The certificate was mentioned in:

[code]
<tc:ServiceProviders>
  <tc:ServiceProvider endpoint="default" >
    <tc:CertAlias>xws-security-server</tc:CertAlias>
    <tc:TokenType>http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/oasis-wss-saml-token-profile-1.1#SAMLV1.1</tc:TokenType>
  </tc:ServiceProvider>
</tc:ServiceProviders>
[/code]

Metro searches in the server truststore for this certificate. Also https://metro.dev.java.net/guide/Summary_of_Configuration_Requirements.html states that no truststore configuration is required since Username Authentication with Symmetric Key is used!?

On my development machine I used NetBeans 6.5 to develop the service. When configuring the security settings via the NetBeans dialog, NetBeans was so mindful to insert (all) the WSIT certificates in both the keystore and the truststore. Hence the certificate was magically in my truststore on my development machine, also I never noticed.

regards
robert
[Message sent by forum member 'wierob' (wierob)]