users@glassfish.java.net

How to change master password ("changeit") in Glassfish V3 Prelude

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 01:16:50 PST

I want to change the keystore's password from changeit to something else. For this I need to change the Glassfish's master password. In V2 there was the change-master-password command which is not available for V3 (yet???).
Does anybody know how to do this? If I don't do it then I get the following exception:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

For some background you can also look here:
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kumarjayanti/archive/2007/11/ssl_and_crl_che.html
[Message sent by forum member 'klausstake' (klausstake)]