users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to install load balancer using apache web server?

From: Pankaj Jairath <Pankaj.Jairath_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 15:46:45 +0530

Yes, this component is OS dependent. Regarding Apache 2.2 installation
instructions for Windows platform, please refer to -
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/platform/windows.html.

mod_jk is the plugin support from Apache itself; whereas HTTP LB from
GlassFish is an advanced Load Balancing solution with features like load
balancing policies (round-robin, weighted, user defined), application
quiescing, instance quiescing, custom error pages, idempotent URLs,
health check, etc. You can choose to use GlassFish HTTP LB as an
advanced software solution for load balancing.

regards
Pankaj