users@glassfish.java.net

Re: NPEs during PoolManagerImpl.getResourceFromPool with Connector Connection Pools

From: Steve Essery <Steve.Essery_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 17:29:39 +0000

Brian Repko wrote:
> Sorry about that - I DO have
>
> .com_sun_appserv_timestamp in the SI/config directories.

Basically this timestamp is sent to the DAS, it finds all the files in
that area newer than the timestamp and zips them up along with a listing
of the area. This is passed back and the files unzip, a cleaning
process then looks at the file list and removes any files that are no
longer present on the DAS.
> .synchronize is in the DAS/config directory.

This is a temporary file - its used by the DAS to figure out if there is
any delta between its system clock and the files it will be
synchronizing - for example if those files reside on network storage of
some kind. Setting the SYNC logging to FINE should result in additional
logging showing it being calculated.
> The NA/config has a .domain.xml.timestamp file which I'm assuming is when its domain.xml was sync'd.

Yes, other files in the config directory can also have their own
timestamp files, such as any jks or NSS keystore (depending on whether
you have a developer/cluster or enterprise installation of the
application server). You should be able to remove this, or just touch
the domain.xml on the DAS (once you are happy the clocks are in sync) to
have the domain.xml copied over.