users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB3 Timers

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 06:10:00 PST

Actually I know that I should implement the single action timer.

But in my case the object that I need to get from timer by calling getInfo() method can't be serialized (as it has socket and stream which I need in timeout method)

So I think, i can have three options:

1) Stop persisting of timer
2) Create timer in the class which object I want to pass while creating timer OR
3) Have map storing my this object and I passed key to timer, so I can pick my object in timeout call back method.

First to are easy to implement but seems not possible with EJB 3.0, So as of now I started working on third option which is very costly to implement for us. But seems there is not other way to achieve it.

Please consolidate this or correct me or suggest me.

Thanks,
Jatin
[Message sent by forum member 'jatin00it38' (jatin00it38)]