users@glassfish.java.net

Re: closing connections in a disabled jdbc connection pool

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 09:44:02 +0530

Hi Trond,

When you change the driver property of a connection pool, pool will be
reconfigured and hence all the connections will be destroyed and the
pool will be initialized again.
There isn't a straight forward way of killing the connections. [This is
being proposed]

* You should disable *all* the jdbc-resources that use the pool so as to
destroy the connections in the pool [This is implementation detail which
may change in future releases]
* Probably the right approach will be to recreate (destroy & create) the
pool.

Thanks,
-Jagadish