users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB3 Timers

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 06:22:00 PST

Hi All,

I have one interesting requirement.

Requirement: Method defined in EJB should be completed within 1 minute.

The object I want to pass while creating timer has socket and streams. I can't make this transient as I wanted to close it when timeout happens.

1) Is there any way to stop persistence of timer for a while or for ever?
2) Is there any way to implement the timer service in NON EJB CLASS?
3) As ken said, "keep in mind that the EJB Timer Service is intended to model long-lived business processes, not fine-grained actions",
My requirement is, I think against above statement.

Any other way to achieve this...??

This is currently on going issue.....prompt advise would be appreciated..!!

Regards,
Jatin
[Message sent by forum member 'jatin00it38' (jatin00it38)]