users@glassfish.java.net

closing connections in a disabled jdbc connection pool

From: Trond Strømme <Trond.Stromme_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:35:35 +0100

Hi.
On GlassFish 2ur2 when I disable a JDBC resource will the connections
that have been established in the associated the pool remain connected?

For maintenance I'd like to disable the applications utilizing a pool,
disable the pool and then close all connections in the pool, thus
freeing the database to be able to change a schema or similar. Currently
I have to stop glassfish in order to actually close the connections to
Oracle.

Ideally the functionality, if it does not exist, should be avaliable
through both the web admin and asadmin. Alternatively if this is
something that is exposed through an MBean somewhere i can write a small
script that does this for me.

Thanks,
Trond Strømme
Sun Microsystems Scandinavia