users@glassfish.java.net

connection pool set up with MySQL

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 02:05:25 PST

I have been trying to set up a connection pool for mysql without success.

I am using GlassFish 9.1 Update 2 , mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar

I put the jar file in
Sun\SDK\bin
and tried Sun\SDK\domains\domain1\bin
and tried Sun\SDK\domains\domain1\lib\ext
and set windows system environment for CLASSPATH, restart the computer.
Then go into GlassFish admin console to set connection pool
When I ping I get
Class name is wrong or classpath is not set for :com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlConnectionPoolDataSource message.

How do we set up the pool, is there a step by step instructions. I find most examples on websites miss out on Additional Properties - networkProtocol

I also have tomcat on this machine and it works fine. I used JDBC windows installer before and then went to administrative tools>>Data Sources(ODBC)>>System DNS
to set it up. Can I also use this same connection?
[Message sent by forum member 'shadowbean' (shadowbean)]