users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GFv3 & OSGi onepager available for review

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:51:40 +0530

Oliver,

glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hi,
> Good work.
>
> SailFin introduces a SIP stack and the ability to add SIP Servlets packaged in SAR files. This is yet another deployment descriptor (sip.xml) and it should not be more complex to transform a SAR into an OSGi bundle as it is for a WAR.

Agreed.
> My question is do you already see a need for an OSGi SIP service, to be able to register these SIP Servlets, as you have already a service for HTTP?
I have not thought about it a lot, but with my limited knowledge of Sip
servlet programming model, I can say that such a service will be useful.
> Is this planned in some project or do you need help?

I expect Sailfin project to the natural place for such an
implementation. We should first wait for Sailfin to be ported to v3
architecture.

Thanks for your feedback.
Sahoo