users@glassfish.java.net

Please review and comment on GlassFish v3 app client container one-pager

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 13:45:09 PST

The one-pager for the GlassFish v3 app client container is now available for review and comment. The official review period is one week, so please post your comments and feedback as replies to this forum thread by 15 Jan 2009. We will try to consider feedback that arrives after that but we cannot guarantee we will be able to do so.

You can find the one-pager here: http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=gfv3-appclientcontainer-onepager

The facets of the ACC we plan to address for the v3 JavaOne 2009 release are:

Smaller footprint
Embeddable ACC
Allow users to specify ORB endpoints on the appclient command
Splash screen support

Note that there are several improvements we plan in the support for Java Web Start. Currently we have targeted that work for after the JavaOne release, but time and resources permitting we might work on them earlier. In any case a separate one-pager will address those requirements and plans.

The page for all one-pagers for GlassFish v3 is here: http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3FunctionalSpecs

Thank you in advance for your comments.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]