users@glassfish.java.net

restarting cluster node automatically

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 07:20:46 PST

Hello,

We are running glassfish currently as a standalone server on windows platforms. We installed glassfish as a windows service using the appservService.exe command.
However, as we move more and more business critical applications to glassfish, we need to cluster glassfish application servers.

I was able to set up a cluster without a problem. The documentation calls for each node in the cluster to be started up using the asadmin.bat start-node-agent command.

We would like to run each node in the cluster as a windows service, so it will automatically restart when we bounce the server. (As you know, most windows operating system service packs require a restart of the server, and service packs and updates happen sometimes weekly)

Is there anything special we need to do in the restarting procedure and the setup of the windows service to ensure not only the domain will be restarted but also the node agents?
The appservService.exe documentation only talks about restarting a domain.

Thanks for your help,

-Rogier
[Message sent by forum member 'rogier_doekes' (rogier_doekes)]