users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Load balancer

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 12:07:28 PST

So what is the purpose of a load balancer if cannot detect the load.

Am I misunderstanding the reason LB exists ? Is it only for application server availability recovery ?

I've seen cases in BEA when one server in the cluster because slower because the high processing volume yet the round-robin bases LB would deliver new requests to that very server making the recovery slower and sometime bringing the server down.

The weighed description makes sense in case one server is better, hardware-wise, then then other. But that is not typical for big business.
[Message sent by forum member 'theqmaster' (theqmaster)]