users@glassfish.java.net

Diagnosing PermGen issues

From: Dobes Vandermeer <dobesv_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:53:39 -0800 (PST)

Does anyone know of a way to figure out why I'm running out of PermGen space
after multiple redployments? I'd like to cut down the time it takes for me
to update the EAR on our server and one sizable component is that I restart
the domain each time to avoid running out of PermGen. On my local machine I
routinely have to restart glassfish due to PermGen issues.

My EAR is using Postgres and Hibernate, and a bunch of other jars. Are
there tools and techniques that would allow me to figure out which classes
are not being garbage collected?

Thanks,
Dobes