users@glassfish.java.net

Adapted EJB3 Beans (adding an EJB2 remote home interface to an EJB3 bean)

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:02:36 PST

According to this page https://glassfish.dev.java.net/javaee5/ejb/examples/Adapted.html
* the remote interface extends EJBObject
* the adapted bean does [b]not[/b] implement the remote interface.

This works for GF but does not work for JBoss 4.2.3GA - it requires:
* the remote interface is just a POJO
* the adapted bean [b]does[/b] implement the remote interface.

[the remote home interfaces are the same for both BTW]

I get deployment errors in JB if I do it the GF way, and vice versa.

According to "EJB3 In Action" (Panda/Rahman/Lane), the JB way is correct, and it seems better to me in that the bean has to implement the remote interface (the GF way could result in a bean that doesn't implement all the remote methods).

So, who's correct and/or is there a way of getting it to work with both?

Thanks! m.
[Message sent by forum member 'matterbury' (matterbury)]