users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to relocate docroot

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:56:41 -0800

On 01/29/09 11:38, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Okay so I was a able to reconfigure the docroot location by modifying the domain.xml file.
>
> Inside of the 'virtual server' tag I modified the 'docroot' property with the value of the new path.

Correct.
> I wonder if there is a way to do this using the admin gui or the through the asadmin command line?

Yes, you can change a virtual server's docroot through the admin gui or
the CLI.

For example, to change the docroot of the virtual server with id
"server" through the admin gui,
navigate to this virtual server (Configuration->HTTP Service->Virtual
Servers->server),
change the value of its docroot filed, and save your changes.

To change the docroot of "server" via the CLI, issue this command:

  asadmin set
server.http-service.virtual-server.server.property.docroot=<docroot>

Notice that any changes to the docroot will take effect immediately,
i.e., don't require
a server restart.

Jan