users@glassfish.java.net

Re: entity relation mappings - parent key voilated error

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:18:11 PST

Hi
Are the sequence generated by the database ?

We use Informix and the "serial" type is a generator of unique id in a table.
However the id is not brought back to the appserver until the commit-face witch takes place after an insert in the other tables are already sent to the database.
.
This means that the referential constraint refers to a null value, not the newly generated id that is still in the database. The appservers entitymodel can in this case not be valid and that's the reason for the problem.

We solved it with a uniquid-table with columns for the tablename and current value and made a libraryrotuine that the whole system uses.

Hope this helps

Jan
[Message sent by forum member 'pliktverket' (pliktverket)]