users@glassfish.java.net

java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException:table 'WEB_BOOKSTORE_BOOKS' does not exist

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 07:13:16 PST

Hi,

I am deploying on glassfish v2ur2 the [b]books[/b] example
that comes when you download the [i]JEE 5 tutorial[/i].

Before do it you have to create de DB in NetBeans 6.5 and
create de connection pool in the app server using the Admin Console.

I have followed the indications in the tutorial, but it does not work.
The app server gives a runtime exception,

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: javax.el.ELException: com.sun.bookstore.exception.BooksNotFoundException: Could not get books:
Internal Exception: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: table/view 'WEB_BOOKSTORE_BOOKS' does not exist.
Error Code: -1
Call: SELECT BOOKID, FIRSTNAME, DESCRIPTION, PRICE, ONSALE, SURNAME, CALENDAR_YEAR, TITLE, INVENTORY FROM WEB_BOOKSTORE_BOOKS ORDER BY BOOKID ASC
Query: ReportQuery(com.sun.bookstore.database.Book)

And I am thinking I have not setup the connection pool well.

I use Derby. I have populated the BookDB (my DB) and I see the tables
in NetBeans. I think I did not do the step to link the DB to the connection
pool (jdbc/BookDB).

How do I have to do it?

Regards,
Jose Alvarez de Lara
[Message sent by forum member 'josealvarezdelara' (josealvarezdelara)]