users@glassfish.java.net

MDB - consuming messages is slowing down...

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 03:41:12 PST

Hi!

I've made some web-app which is using EJBs and all-this-stuff. There is also some MDB (queue). In short: about 100 per minute there is a new message generated and MDB should process it. It works well, but...
from time to time it slows down. Queue has increase and I see that MDB is called once per minute... or something about and in the queue there is more than 5000 messages waiting for process (MDB call is short one - normally it can process more than 200 messages per second). There is no error, no exception - it just looks like queue is "calling" MDB very seldom.
I've changed EJB pool - normally I want to have only one MDB instance but it doesn't matter - even with 100 max-pool-size the problem exists.
It looks like it works well 24hrs or even more, but then suddenly it stops... or "slows down".

Any idea? Where should I look for error? Please help - I don't want to restart server every 24hrs....

Regards.
-l.
[Message sent by forum member 'lukjel' (lukjel)]