users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Webcontainer Session Timeout - Default Value?

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:23:13 -0800

Hi June,

On 01/27/09 10:10, June.Parks_at_Sun.COM wrote:
> We don't document web.xml in the app server docs because it's
> Java-EE-generic and not app-server-specific. I mention the web.xml
> default only because the sun-web.xml default overrides it.
I agree that we normally do not have to document web.xml defaults,
since they are Java-EE-generic in most cases.

However, session-timeout is an exception. The web.xml schema describes
it as follows:

  If the timeout is 0 or less, the container ensures
  the default behaviour of sessions is never to time
  out. If this element is not specified, the container
  must set its default timeout period.

So in the case of session-timeout, the default is app-server specific,
which is why I think we should document it.

Jan