users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 embedded in Maven?

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 13:48:35 +0100

On Jan 24, 2009, at 8:38 AM, Ryan de Laplante wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Will I be able to add a dependency line in a maven web project for
> GlassFish v3, and configure a plugin that enables people to start
> glassfish and run my application like they can do with Jetty today?
> I want someone to be able to check out my project from subversion
> and run a single command to download dependencies, compile, package,
> and deploy into an embedded GlassFish v3, and open a web browser
> pointed to my app.

+1 I think this is very important, especially for automated testing
where GlassFish can be started and stopped automatically according to
the testing phases.

BTW the Jersey samples do support Embedded GlassFish using an old
version, for example see the following sample:

   http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/jersey/samples/helloworld-webapp/1.0.1/helloworld-webapp-1.0.1-project.zip

There are some issues with maven integration that is preventing me
from using the latest Embedded GlassFish version.

I recommend you log an issue here:

   https://embedded-glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues

Paul.