users@glassfish.java.net

Configuring Glassfish

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 20:19:58 PST

Okay, so I've downloaded and installed glassfish. I've also been able to access the default index. However, I have several questions. First, I know it has web server capabilities but is it independent or would I need to download Apache as a front end? Exactly how/where would you configure the web server properties of GlassFish, like domain names etc, I've configured Apache before? Also, I downloaded the hello.war example but when I try to access it I have a internal server error, 500. Any suggestions on what I need to change? Finally, prior to my isntallation I had installed NetBeans and was creating web application projects. However I was still having 500 errors when running applications and I also wasn't sure if it was possible to use the GlassFish server with Netbeans outside of the IDE.
[Message sent by forum member 'javalatech' (javalatech)]