users@glassfish.java.net

RE: ResourceAdapter (JCA) from EJB, in EAR

From: Markus Karg <karg_at_quipsy.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:24:13 +0100

GFv2 does not make a difference between RARs deployed standalone and RARs deployed as part of an EAR. In fact it is a bit odd: You first must deploy your EAR, and in this turn GF will say that it cannot find the RA used by the EJB. Then, create the RA connection pool. Now undeploy your application, and deploy it again. This time the EJB can find the RA, since it finds the connection pool. Sounds odd, but it is the only way to make it work, unless this conceptional bug of GlassFish is solved.

Regards
Markus