users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cluster session replication not working

From: Satyajit Tripathi <Satyajit.Tripathi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 23:51:32 +0530
Hi Jason,

No, the replication feature is not dependent on the LB plugin. Leaving aside the LB configuration, if you create cluster and enable replication you should be able to see the sessions getting replicated when you shutdown say one of the instances.

If you are further interested, I'm planning to open up technical sessions and demo on GlassFish clustering. This will be delivered over web and voice bridge. There will be no charge and is in the interest of the community. I have been receiving lots of request, and soon be putting together the Scheduler.

So if you are interested, do leave me a comment on my blog with your topic of interest, and also preferred timings (due to multiple Timezones of the participants). That will remind me to include you in the invitation list.

Feel free to contact me further. Enjoy going through the slides for the time being.

Merry Christmas !
--Satya

glassfish@javadesktop.org wrote:
Satya,

Thanks for the response.  I'll give it a go and see what I have different.  I am now using an f5 networks big IP box for my load balancing.  Do you know if the memory replication feature for session data and stateful session EJBs requires the actual sun load balancer plugin and might that be my problem?  Just kind of fishing.  I downloaded a couple of the source bundles to try to find how this replication feature works, but haven't had much time between my day job and my kid ;)  Anyhow, thanks for the slides--I'll go through them and see if then help.

Jason
[Message sent by forum member 'jrobey' (jrobey)]