users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Howto: Build domain template based on existing domain

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 01:57:53 PST

hi Kedar,

I am able to execute create-domain with --profile param to accept any arbitrary value (as described on the given url), which matches with the name of the sub-folder I have created under gf-install-folder/lib/install/templates. In the sub-folder, I have my 'template' domain.xml file..

eg.
I created the folder gf-install-folder/lib/install/templates/myprofile
and dropped my 'template' domain.xml into this folder
I then executed 'create-domain --profile myprofile ....'
I will then supply the port numbers by using the --domainproperties parameter

It seems to work fine, the domain created ok.

However, when it comes to using ${my.variable} within the template domain.xml, I hit a wall. The create-domain command does not seem to replace my ${my.variable} with the value I've defined within "profile.properties" file..

As described on the given URL:
"[i]A properties file named profile.properties found in profile folder[/i]"

that's exactly what I've done... and I've defined an entry my.variable=value within the profile.properties file...

Any pointers would be much appreciated ?

Rgds
AJ
[Message sent by forum member 'awid2' (awid2)]