users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB 3.1 Timer Service

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:31:49 PST

Hi Marina,
We are followed your instructions to get timers working but still can't get throw.
We tried glassfish prelude, couple of nightly builds and glassfish-v3-web-ea-b29 but nothing helped.
In some cases we copied the jars manually in other we used update tool (that usually work even in night builds).
The most typical problem that we faced that impossibility to deploy ejb-timer-service-app-3.0-SNAPSHOT.war

Error:

[#|2008-12-18T11:41:53.738-0500|SEVERE|glassfish|javax.enterprise.system.core|_ThreadID=17;_ThreadName=Thread-4;|Exception while deploying the app
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not resolve a persistence unit corresponding to the persistence-context-ref-name [com.sun.ejb.containers.TimerBean/em] in the scope of the module called [/C:/glassfishv3/glassfish/domains/domain1/applications/ejb-timer-service-app-3.0-SNAPSHOT/]. Please verify your application.

With one of the build ejb-timer-service-app-3.0-SNAPSHOT.war deploy was successful but when we implemented step 3b admin console couldn't start.

I had hope that we will work out timers using the first milestone of glassfish on december 17 (according to schedule) but seems there is some delay with it.

We need your help to get it works. Just give us hint :)
Please let us know when the fist milestone build will be available and if it includes support of the timers.

Thank you,
Vladimir
[Message sent by forum member 'vladperl' (vladperl)]