users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:The MySQL adapter "mysql" is not available.

From: Jagadish Prasath Ramu <Jagadish.Ramu_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:36:57 +0530

Can you post your connection pool configuration ?
[you can find it in
GF_INSTALLATION_DIR/domains/<domain1>/config/domain.xml, element
jdbc-connection-pool with your pool name]

http://blogs.sun.com/JagadishPrasath/entry/jdbc_connection_pool_templates_glassfish
has a template for MySQL (necessary properties to connect to database)

* Also, you may have to check whether MySQL is configured to allow
access from your machine

Thanks,
-Jagadish