users@glassfish.java.net

Ultra-safe deployment - How?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 20:01:31 PST

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError has become all too frequent between deployments. I can no longer fully trust autodeployment & need a procedure that does everything possible in order to clean up from the previous deployment.

The procedure I am currently using is simply:

asadmin undeploy MyEAR
asadmin stop-domain domain1
Linux: rm -fr c:\srv\glassfish\domains\domain1\applications\j2ee-apps\MyEAR
Win: rd /q /s c:\srv\glassfish\domains\domain1\applications\j2ee-apps\MyEAR
...and then use autodeployment to deploy the new version

Is there anything else (other than the obvious) that can be done to [i]really [/i]cleanup from the previous deployment, i.e. scrub & virginize the server between deployments?

My app is based on Glassfish, Postgres and uses JavaMail.
[Message sent by forum member 'fredarin' (fredarin)]