users@glassfish.java.net

Re: MySql

From: David Van Couvering <David.Vancouvering_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 10:33:04 -0800

What ships with NB is the MySQL JDBC driver and support for MySQL. We
do not ship the RDBMS itself with NB at this time, nor is it planned as
far as I know.

The MySQL node will show up in the Services tab (I think you meant tab,
not tag) *if* at startup we can find it in one of the standard
locations. It will also be automatically registered the first time you
open a MySQL connection (if it doesn't, it's a bug).

If your installation is not found, it's easy enough to register it, just
right-click on Databases and choose "Register MySQL Server". In the
Basic tab enter in the connection information, and in the Admin tab
enter in the paths to the commands you use to start/stop/admin the server.

David