users@glassfish.java.net

Re: EJB 3.1 Timer Service

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 12:41:02 PST

Hi Marina,
> We are still sorting things out, but if you are
> interested and do not mind using programmatic timers,
> you can start testing ScheduleExpression. I've also
> enabled support for the non-persistent timers.

This is good news!
We will grab the last nightly build and play with timers.
I believe that programmatic timers are what we need now.

> There is even a special program called FishCAT
> (http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=FishCAT)
> that you or your team can join to become an official
> GlassFish tester.

This is good suggestion. Because Glassfish is very important part of our developer platform we have to support it as much as we can.
So we are going to participate in testing.
By the way it was hard to find link to Glassfish's binary nightly builds.
For people who would like to try nightly build here is the link:
http://download.java.net/glassfish/v3/nightly

Thank You,
Vladimir
[Message sent by forum member 'vladperl' (vladperl)]